Herndon Mayor & Town Council Endorsement Application [CLOSED]
The application period has ended.
The Fairfax County Democratic Committee (FCDC) will be considering for endorsement candidates for Mayor and Councilmember of the Town of Herndon.
Any individual running for these non-partisan elected offices may request endorsement of their candidacy by FCDC. Any such candidate must be a properly filed candidate with the General Registrar of Fairfax County, complete this Application, and submit the application along with a $500 Filing Fee* to the FCDC office by 5:00 p.m. eastern daylight time July 20, 2020. The office address is 8500 Executive Park Ave., Suite 402, Fairfax, VA 22031. FCDC members interested in securing the endorsement of a candidate subject to the Hatch Act may contact the FCDC office for an alternate form to complete (email@example.com, 703-573-6811).
* The filing fee will be refundable in full to the winner of the endorsement and to all other candidates that sought the endorsement upon providing proof that they have withdrawn from the race. Any candidate that does not receive the endorsement and fails to withdraw from the race shall forfeit the $500, which will be applied to the operating expenses of the caucus related to this endorsement.
- July 20th, 5:00PM – Candidate application deadline
- July 28th, 7:30PM – First FCDC meeting post-deadline
- September 22nd, 7:30PM – Last FCDC meeting pre-election
- November 3rd – Election Day
More details regarding schedule of events (including date(s) of endorsement vote) will be added as they become available.
Documents for Endorsement