1. Call. Pursuant to the Democratic Party Plan of Virginia (“the Party Plan”), the 35th House District Nominating Committee (“the Committee”) hereby calls an Unassembled Caucus for the sole purpose of choosing a Democratic nominee for the 35th House District (“the 35th District”).
2. Caucus Rules, Forms, and Information. Caucus rules will be posted, along with other pertinent forms and information about the nominating process, at the Fairfax County Democratic Committee website (fairfaxdemocrats.org/hd35) and its voting information site (fairfaxvotes.org/hd35). Any changes to the Caucus rules will be updated on these sites.
3. General Participation Requirements. Each participant in the Caucus must be a qualified voter in the 35th District at the time of their participation. No participant in the Caucus may intend to support any candidate who is opposed to the Democratic nominee in that Special Election.
4. Voting Opportunities. Participants in the Caucus may vote in person only:
(Note: Each voter may arrive at any point between the hours listed above, cast his or her ballot, and leave. Any voter in line at closing time each day will be permitted to vote.)
5. Candidate Requirements. Each candidate for nomination must meet all applicable requirements of state law, the Party Plan, and Caucus rules. Each candidate for nomination must submit:
Declaration of Candidacy form, filing fee, and petition must be received at the Fairfax County Democratic Committee headquarters, no later than Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:00 pm. All documents can be returned to 8500 Executive Park Ave, Suite 402, Fairfax, VA 22031. To make arrangements to deliver documents in person outside regular business hours, contact FCDC Chair Bryan Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If only one qualified candidate files by the deadline, that person will be the nominee of the Democratic Party and the Caucus will be canceled. If no candidate files, the nominating committee will reconvene to determine the nomination process.
For questions about the Caucus, to request any accommodation necessary to ensure full participation, please contact Michelle Woody, HD35 Democratic Nominating Committee Chair, at any time at email@example.com, or the FCDC Office at 703-573-6811.