Fairfax County General Assembly Delegation’s Pre-2023 Session Public Hearing
The Fairfax County delegation to the General Assembly will hold a public hearing regarding the upcoming 2023 session on Saturday, January 7, at 9 a.m. in Conference Room 11 at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax. Fairfax County residents who want to sign up in advance to speak at the hearing should register online using this form or contact the Department of Clerk Services at 703-324-3151, TTY 711, by noon on Thursday, January 5. Additional guidelines for those interested in speaking at the public forum are as follows:
- Only Fairfax County residents may register to speak.
- Eligible residents requiring assistance will be helped as needed.
- Speaking slots will be numbered based on a first-come, first-served allocation.
- Fairfax County residents may register to speak as an individual or on behalf of an organization serving County residents.
- Requests for ADA accommodations should be made as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the public hearing.
- Organizations are encouraged to limit their presentation to no more than 3 speakers.
- Each speaker will be allocated three minutes to address the Delegation.
- Speakers must be present when called to the podium, and people who miss their turn will be added to the end of the list of speakers.
- Written testimony may also be submitted via email to LegislativeTeam@fairfaxcounty.gov.
- The Chair reserves the right to modify the guidelines on site for the smooth operation of the public forum.
- The hearing will be televised live on Fairfax County Television Channel 16 (Channel 1016 in HD on Cox; Channel 16 on Verizon or Comcast),and can also be viewed on-line through the Channel 16 stream.
- Reminder: Weapons Prohibited in County Buildings, Parks, at Special Events
- Point of contact for other questions or requests for ADA accommodations: Arielle McAloon (703-324-2649) or Saia Fatah (703-324-2683).
Further information on the public hearing is available from members of the Fairfax County legislative delegation. Contact information for individual delegation members is available on the Virginia General Assembly web page.