By Terry Matlaga Bell on Oct 9, 2014 in News |
October 2014 The Democrat
Find out in the October 2014 issue of The Democrat.
- Why Chap Petersen believes we need to re-examine our political culture in Virginia,
- How Senator Mark Warner and Representative Gerry Connolly(VA-11th) are governing while campaigning, and
- When the 2015 Fairfax County Legislative Package will be available for comment.
Download and read Jeff McKay’s column on how the county staff goes about developing the Fairfax County Legislative Package. Discover why the National Affairs Committee says “climate change is a catalyst for conflict.” Learn about all the activities the FCDC Diversity Committee has been participating in.
Need to catch up on what the joint campaign been doing? Read about the 2014 Joint Campaign, the ease of voting, and campaign volunteer opportunities in a special campaign report: Push to the End.
This and more in the October issue of The Democrat.
Open and read your October 2014 issue of The Democrat today.
By ExecutiveDirector on Oct 6, 2014 in News |
FCDC DIVERSITY COMMITTEE INVITES YOU TO JOIN US IN CELEBRATION OF
HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
FRIDAY, October 17 from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
At The Mason Government Center
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale VA 22003
Come and celebrate the rich and diverse Hispanic heritage, enjoy music and delicious cuisine, and meet special guests!
This is a FREE EVENT
For more information contact Nelly Samaniego at
703-639-7525 or email@example.com
Click here for the flyer
By Terry Matlaga Bell on Sep 26, 2014 in Featured, News |
If you’re eligible to vote absentee, you may also do it in-person at the Office of Elections (Fairfax County Government Center) starting September 19th; and at seven Satellite locations starting September 27th.
Many Fairfax voters qualify for in-person absentee voting. Click on the Absentee Voting page to see a few reasons to vote absentee in-person (located half-way down the page).
In-Person Absentee Voting will be available through November 1st.
VOTING AT THE GOVERNMENT CENTER
12000 Government Center Pkwy. Fairfax, VA 22035 (map)
Conference Rooms 2/3
Oct. 14-Oct. 31
9AM-5PM: Sept. 27, Oct. 4,11,18, 25, Nov. 1
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HAND OUT SAMPLE BALLOTS!
Fairfax Democrats and our candidates need you! Please take time to help distribute sample ballots outside the Government Center. In this important mid-term federal election year, while millions of dollars are being funneled into Republican campaigns, we Democrats have the power of the people. Help us in our grassroots effort by volunteering a few hours of your time.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
SATELLITE LOCATION VOTING:
Saturdays: Sept. 27, Oct. 4,11,18, 25, Nov. 1: 9AM-5PM
Monday-Friday Oct. 14-Oct. 31: 3:30-7PM
Lee District Governmental Center: 6121 Franconia Rd., Alexandria (map)
Dolley Madison Library: 1244 Oak Ridge Ave., McLean (map)
North County Human Services Building: 1850 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston (map)
West Springfield Governmental Center: 6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield (map)
Mason Governmental Center: 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale (map)
Mount Vernon Governmental Center: 2511 Parkers Ln. Alexandria (map)
Sully Governmental Center: 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly (map)
By ExecutiveDirector on Sep 25, 2014 in Featured, News, What We Do |
MAKE SURE YOUR VOTE WILL COUNT!
When you go to the polls in 2014, make sure to bring a photo ID. Valid IDs include any one of the following:
- Virginia Driver’s license or DMV photo ID that is not expired for more than 12 months
- United States Passport that is not expired for more than 12 months
- Virginia Voter Photo ID – available for FREE from your local voter registration office (see below for details)
- Valid student identification card containing a photograph of the voter issued by any institution of higher education located in Virginia
- Any valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business (public or private employer)
- Any other identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States, such as: Military ID, ID issued by a city or county in Virginia, Tribal enrollment or other tribal ID, or Nursing home resident ID issued by a government facility
GET YOUR FREE VOTER ID!
Citizens who lack other forms of ID can obtain a Virginia Voter Photo ID at any General Registrar’s office and at some other locations.
Fairfax County Office of Elections
12000 Govt. Center Pkwy Suite 323, Fairfax
Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm; Thurs until 7pm
Closed Columbus Day, October 13th
Call (703) 222-0776
or at satellite locations during the following dates and times:
Saturdays Sep 27–Nov 1, 9am-5pm
Weekdays Oct 14-31, 8am-7pm
Franconia Governmental Center
6121 Franconia Rd., Alexandria
Dolley Madison Library
1244 Oak Ridge Ave., McLean
North County Human Services Building
1850 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston
West Springfield Governmental Center
6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield
Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale
Mount Vernon Governmental Center
2511 Parkers Ln. Alexandria
Sully District Governmental Center
4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly
Note: Early Voting is also available at the above locations for those who qualify to vote absentee.
In addition, some libraries and community centers will be offering free voter ID services at scheduled times from now through October 13. Click here for dates & times.
By ExecutiveDirector on Sep 24, 2014 in Events, Mason, News |
Mason District Democratic Committee cordially invites you to
BRUNCH WITH FRIENDS IN BAILEY’S
With Special Guest – Senator Jim Webb
Exciting Menu of Standard Brunch Fare and Ethiopian Dishes
Saturday, October 18, 2014
11:00am – 1:00pm
Luna Restaurant and Sports Bar
5815 Seminary Rd.
Falls Church, VA 22041 (Map)
Reserve and pay for your tickets on line by clicking here
Click here for flyer
Read the rest
By Terry Matlaga Bell on Sep 23, 2014 in News |
September 2014 Issue of The Democrat
Discover in the September 2014 issue of The Democrat
- If you are eligible to vote absentee and find out when and where you can cast your vote;
- Why Scott Surovell is fighting for equal technological access for Virginia’s students;
- Why Penny Gross said this is “My Two Cents;” and,
- From At-Large FCPS Board Member, Ilryong Moon what changes will affect the 2014-2015 school year.
Open this month’s The Democrat and find out why Governor Terry McAuliffe chose the platform of the Virginia AFL-CIO convention to issue an executive order aimed at stamping out payroll fraud.
Need to catch up on what the campaigns are doing? Read about the 2014 U.S. Senate and House of Representatives candidates and their campaigns in the Campaign Trail Report. This and more in the September 2014 issue of The Democrat.
Take a moment and read your September 2014 issue of The Democrat today.
By ExecutiveDirector on Sep 13, 2014 in Districts, News |
At its annual Awards Luncheon on Saturday, September 13th in Springfield, VA, the Fairfax Chapter of NAACP recognized the Fairfax County Democratic Committee (FCDC) for its long standing, ongoing programs to protect voters’ rights. Sue Langley, Chair of FCDC, said,
“Congratulations to FCDC’s Election Law and Voter Protection Committee for this honor. I’m proud of their long standing excellent work to protect voters’ rights.” Read the rest