***CANCELED*** FCDC Call to Caucus For Selection of Nominee for 37th State Senate District
*** CANCELED ***
Due to only a single candidate filing by the deadline this caucus is canceled. more info on Del. Marsden and the race at his website, www.MarsdenforSenate.com. Please get involved and help Dave take his common sense, solution oriented, approach to Transportation, Home Values, and Education to Richmond.
*** CANCELED ***
Fairfax County Democratic Committee Call to Caucus
For Selection of Candidate for 37th State Senate District
Whereas, it is the duty of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee to issue the Call to Caucus for the purpose of selecting a candidate for the Special Election for 37th Sate Senate District.
Now therefore be it resolved that the Fairfax County Democratic Committee hereby issues the Call to an unassembled Caucus (Firehouse Primary) to convene at 4:30pm Dec. 3rd for the sole purpose of nominating a candidate for the office of State Senate 37th District to take place at the following site:
- Fairview Elementary School (cafeteria), 5815 Ox Rd., Fairfax Station, Thurs., Dec. 3rd, 4:30-8:00pm
And the following provisions shall govern the convention, to wit:
1. Prefiling: Those wishing their names to be placed on the ballot at the Caucus shall prefile their candidacy in person or by his/her designee by 6:00 pm, Friday, Nov. 27th, 2009, with the 37th Legislative District Committee, 2815 Hartland Rd, Suite 110, Falls Church VA 22043 (call first 703-573-6811). Prefilings by any other means including mail, email or facsimile will not be accepted.
2. Filing Fee: There shall be a filing fee of $1,000. The filing fee shall be in the form of cash or certified funds.
3.Notice Requirements: The Fairfax County Democratic Committee shall cause this Call to be published on the website for the Fairfax County Democratic Committee (www.fairfaxdemocrats.org) at least 7 days prior to the Caucus, but not more than 2 weeks before the Caucus.? Notice of publication of the Call shall further be emailed to the membership of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee.
4. Cancellation: In the event that only one candidate files, the Caucus may be cancelled.
5.Conduct the Caucus: The doors to the unassembled Caucus will be opened at 4:30pm. The doors to the caucus will be closed at 8:00pm and no further persons will be permitted to enter unless they are in line. The Legislative District Chair shall act as the Permanent Chair of the Caucus and shall appoint a Secretary and such other Officers of the caucus as is deemed appropriate as part of the Credentials Committee. The FCDC Chair will also appoint members to the Rules Committee. The adoption of the Rules shall be by the Fairfax County Democratic Committee and will be in compliance with the Virginia Democratic Party Plan.
6. Affirmative Action: It shall be the duty of each local precinct Democratic chair and the members of each local Democratic Committee to take all feasible steps to encourage broad participation in the selection process. Discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or economic status in the selection process is prohibited.
7. Call Distribution: It shall be the duty of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee Chair to distribute a copy of the Call to Caucus.
It shall further be the duty of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee Chair to cause this Call to Caucus to be publicized through the news media as is feasible.
Click here to get the Caucus Rules and Candidate Declaration: [download id=”122″]