Pat Herrity Fact Check
Response to Misplaced Priorities 101
Herrity Campaign Brochure
January 24, 2009
Pat Herrity recently put out a brochure misleading voters on Sharon Bulova’s record when it comes to Fairfax County Public Schools.
1.Â Gatehouse II “Taj Mahal for School Administrators”
Herrity charges that Sharon Bulova continues to push to spend $130 million for a new school administrative building.Â Pat Herrity says he is leading the fight to oppose the luxury administrative building and will set priorities to focus on teachers, classrooms and students, where it belongs.
In fact, Sharon Bulova has led the opposition to the Gatehouse II project.Â She has been a leader in her 21 year service on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in maintaining and improving the quality of Fairfax County schools.
2.Â Deteriorating Schools in Fairfax County
Herrity charges that thousands of school students are in trailers and thousands more sit in dilapidated and overcrowded classrooms.Â Teachers are leaving to work in other counties as pay has fallen from the best paid in the region to sixth.Â Fairfax county schools are being hurt by Sharon Bulova’s misplaced priorities.Â Herrity promises:
- No increase in class sizes
- Return teachers to highest paid in the region
- Supports the Fairgrades initiative to fix grading policies
- Will focus our resources on students and classrooms to keep our schools #1 in the nation
Bulova has been a leader in her 21 year service on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in maintaining and improving the quality of Fairfax County schools.
- Twenty-one year record of support for Fairfax County Schools
- Fairfax County schools are the best in the country with her support.
- Teacher’s pay is second in the region, not 6th.
- Sharon supports the Fairgrades initiative.
- Sharon has the support of the Fairfax County School Board.
- Pat Herrity is a budget cutter and will cut school budgets.
Pretty soon Herrity is going to blame Sharon Bulova for the War in Iraq, the recession, and global warming.Â It’s not hard to recognize a futile campaign when it engages in behavior like this.