In-Person Absentee Voting for the 2014 Elections
If you’re eligible to vote absentee, you may also do it in-person at the Office of Elections (Fairfax County Government Center) starting September 19th; and at seven Satellite locations starting October 14th.
In-Person Absentee Voting will be available starting September 19th.
VOTING AT THE GOVERNMENT CENTER
12000 Government Center Pkwy. Fairfax, VA 22035 (map)
Conference Rooms 2/3
SATELLITE LOCATION VOTING:
Saturdays: Sept. 27, Oct. 4,11,18, 25, Nov. 1: 9AM-5PM
Monday-Friday Oct. 14-Oct. 31: 3:30-7PM
Note: Satellite voting locations will be closed Monday, Oct. 13 for Columbus Day
Lee District Governmental Center: 6121 Franconia Rd., Alexandria (map)
Dolley Madison Library: 1244 Oak Ridge Ave., McLean (map)
North County Human Services Building: 1850 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston (map)
West Springfield Governmental Center: 6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield (map)
Mason Governmental Center: 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale (map)
Mount Vernon Governmental Center: 2511 Parkers Ln. Alexandria (map)
Sully Governmental Center: 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly (map)
A FEW REASONS TO VOTE ABSENTEE IN-PERSON
No reason to wait until November 4th! Many Fairfax voters qualify for in-person absentee voting. Here are a few reasons to vote absentee in-person:
- Will you be outside of Fairfax (such as working in Arlington or DC) for any period of time for work or business reasons on Nov. 4?
- Use Code 1C
- Will you be outside Fairfax for any period of time for any personal reason on Nov. 4?
- Use Code 1D
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on Nov. 4 (even if you never leave Fairfax County)?
- Use Code 1E
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Fairfax?
- Use Code 1A or1B
- Do you have a disability, illness, or pregnancy or are you taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home?
- Use Code 2A, 2B, or 2C
- Are you a first responder?
- Use Code 1F
- Will you or your spouse be on active military duty outside of Fairfax on Nov. 4?
- Use Code 6A or Code 6B
- Will you be temporarily residing outside of the US on Nov. 4?
- Use Code 6C or 6D
Heading to College? Think you’ll be away from home on November 4th? Please vote in-person absentee or fill out an absentee ballot application form! You must complete an application before every election you intend to vote absentee by mail. The request must be received in your local voter registration office by October 28, 2014, but try to mail or fax your form as soon as possible. Print & complete the form and mail it to: General Registrar, 12000 Govt Ctr Pkwy, Ste.323 Fairfax,VA 22035-0081
Call the Fairfax County Office of Elections if you need further assistance: (703) 222-0776
For more information about absentee voting visit the Virginia State Board of Elections website.