Absentee Voting for the 2015 Elections
If you’re eligible to vote absentee, you may submit an Absentee Ballot Application or you may vote early in-person at the Office of Elections (Fairfax County Government Center) starting a few weeks before each election. Satellite Locations around the county may also be available. Check the Office of Elections website for dates, hours and locations.
VOTING AT THE GOVERNMENT CENTERLocation:
12000 Government Center Pkwy. Fairfax, VA 22035 (map)
A FEW REASONS TO VOTE ABSENTEE IN-PERSON
No reason to wait until Election Day! Many Fairfax voters qualify for in-person absentee voting. Here are a few reasons to vote absentee in-person:
- Will you be outside of Fairfax (such as working in Arlington or DC) for any period of time for work or business reasons on Election Day?
- Use Code 1C
- Will you be outside Fairfax for any period of time for any personal reason on Election Day?
- Use Code 1D
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on Election Day (even if you never leave Fairfax County)?
- Use Code 1E
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Fairfax?
- Use Code 1A or1B
- Do you have a disability, illness, or pregnancy or are you taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home?
- Use Code 2A, 2B, or 2C
- Are you a first responder?
- Use Code 1F
- Will you or your spouse be on active military duty outside of Fairfax on Election Day?
- Use Code 6A or Code 6B
- Will you be temporarily residing outside of the US on Election Day?
- Use Code 6C or 6D
Heading to College? Think you’ll be away from home on Election Day? Please vote in-person absentee or fill out an absentee ballot application form! You must complete an application before every election you intend to vote absentee by mail. The request must be received in your local voter registration office by a week before the election, but try to mail or fax your form as soon as possible. Print & complete the form and mail it to: General Registrar, 12000 Govt Ctr Pkwy, Ste.323 Fairfax,VA 22035-0081
Call the Fairfax County Office of Elections if you need further assistance: (703) 222-0776
For more information about absentee voting visit the Virginia State Board of Elections website.