To vote by mail, complete and sign the Application and send it to the Office of Elections. You can:
- Mail the Application to the Office of Elections,
PO BOX 10161, Fairfax, VA 22038
- Fax the Application to the Office of Elections at (703) 324-3725
- Email the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you submit the Application, the ballot will be mailed to you at the address you provide. The completed ballot must be received at the Office of Elections by 7pm on Election Night, November 3rd.
For more information about absentee voting, visit the Fairfax County Office of Elections website.
If you need assistance, call (703) 222-0776.
Some reasons you can vote absentee
Use the reason codes on the Absentee Ballot Application.
- Will you be outside of Fairfax County (such as a nearby county or out of state) for work, business or personal reasons on Nov. 3? Use Code 1C or 1D
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Fairfax? Use Code 1A or1B
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on Nov. 3 (even if you never leave Fairfax County)? Use Code 1E
- Do you have a disability or illness, are you pregnant, or are you taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home? Use Code 2A, 2B, or 2C
- Are you a first responder? Use Code 1F
- Will you or your spouse be on active military duty outside of Fairfax on Nov. 3? Use Code 6A or Code 6B
- Will you be temporarily residing outside of the US on Nov. 3? Use Code 6C or 6D